My name is Maureen Lee. The services I provide include content editing, copy editing, writing and research.
For over 20 years I worked full-time as an editor at the New Zealand Parliament, editing text on a wide range of subjects. My duties included copy editing, proofreading, fact-checking and checking formatting. I developed editing style, wrote style guides and training material, and trained people to be editors.
I can quickly get to grips with any subject so that I can edit copy on it.
I work with any writing in English, including fiction and non-fiction, academic writing, writing for children and young adults, memoirs, histories, reports, and training material.
I look forward to working with you.
- Member (Professional) of IPEd (Australasian Institute of Professional Editors)
- English degree from the University of Auckland
- Experienced editor of text for people whose first language is not English
- Experienced editor of text that includes words and phrases in Te Reo Māori
- 15% discount for members of the New Zealand Society of Authors (PEN NZ).